Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Being a Voice for Change



I am very happy about today because it was presentation day for my speech class!

Not only do I love to talk, but I get to share about anything I wish. . . and people have to listen...with no interruptions! Isn't that great? I mean it's just not the same as when you are animatedly speaking to your friends or family who are not on the same flow and the only response you get is a befuddled look or hear the crickets in the background. No, in a communication class you actually get an applause!

My previous speech was The Homeschooling Experience as an academic option. This is something I am very passionate about as I was home schooled along with my siblings and coming to college and being surrounded by others my age, I am very gratefully for this experience now.

I have observed some young adults in college and find that it is sometimes difficult to communicate with them, not only because we have different interests, but the mentality is not the same either. For people to seek live a life that pleases God, it isn't as easy to act out our desires on a whim, but to be led by God's will and in His timing.

I feel saddened when I hear 18-19 year olds whose goals are to reach 21-the drinking age and to be admitted in clubs. When I hear about their plans, I find that many times the middle schoolers in church seem much more mature, focused, and responsible.

Not only did homescooling help me grow up into the person I am  now, but I was able to grow up in a wonderful environment, and I cultivated a close relationship with my nucleus family.

They say we can choose our friends, but not our family. This is usually said in a tone which reveals you consider your family an unfortunate lot in your life. Homeschool helped me bond with my family. My siblings have been best friends.

I grew up with lack of peer pressure or bullying (granted, I perhaps was a little of a bully at home when I was the youngest for a few years).

The academics have also been great. Despite the fact that I took two years off between high school and college I was able to excel when I tested in. I am about to transfer to a local university in the fall now and have completed honor courses, am in the Dean's list and am part of an honor society.

The academic skills I gained at home have been beneficial to me not only in my college academics, but in the work force as well. These oral and writing skills have enabled me to work on campus an English Tutor and as a Supplemental Instructor for ESL and English Basic Skill courses at college.

This preliminary preparation has helped set out my path for what my career plans are as far as I can tell. The leadership and academic skills I am continuing to build today will help train me academically and through life experiences to become a professor one day, and pursue a private career in writing at the same time wherever and for as long as God wishes me to.

I have seen God's hand in my life by opening doors for me. Yes I was homeschooled, but from my own experience, it has not impeded my opportunities in the work force, but rather launched me forward to the path that I feel God has for my life.

Today I had the honor to present a persuasive speech to my fellow peers. As many of my close friends and family are aware, I am passionate about Israel. Why?
For many reasons actually.

One, it seems that a great portion of individuals are against Israel today. There exists many feelings of anti-Semitism today as well, especially in Israel's local geographic region.





Secondly, because I do not agree with the biased politics which support Middle Eastern countries simply for convenience. A.K.A. petroleum.

Thirdly, whether you may be aware of it or not, there are boycotts which exist today against Israel, Israeli products and even American companies that are affiliated with or support Israel or Israeli companies. This is outrageous because if we examine closely how Israel impacts the U.S. and the world, we would be not be so advanced as we are today.

Another reason which I admit is my own perspective is because of my faith. As a Christian, I embrace this country. Because of my faith I believe people of Jewish descent are God's people and as God promised Abraham, "I will bless those which bless you and curse those
which curse you...". We have definitely seen the results of this today in the United States.

Has anyone taken under consideration of all the Islamic terrorist groups which exist in the Middle East? We don't have to think too long to realize that Israel is one of our only dependable allies and democratic representative in this region.

Today, I had the wonderful opportunity to share with my peers my reasoning of why the United States should maintain its' relations with Israel. I showed the comparison of how little we are giving Israel in comparison to Iran-yes, I know, IRAN and other countries such as Afghanistan which is triple the amount of what Israel has received (Business Insider, Times Magazine).

I went over how Israel reinvests within the U.S., and has partnerships with American companies for well known products we use today such as Apple, Microsoft, HP, and how they share their innovations such as Google, Voicemail and Messenger.

We are so blessed with Israeli inventions such as drip irrigation by the hydraulic engineer, Simcha Blass. I am sure Americans are aware of the water scarcity in many regions? This Israeli product helps us use water in an efficient form of irrigation.

What about desalinization? Israel is is a world leader in the production of equipment to make these plants possible. Desalinization which is the conversion of ocean water to potable water, is another option we have of obtaining a renewable resource. In fact, there is a city within the U.S. in which Israel is helping us to construct a desal plant.

Heard of solar energy? American businesses are partnering, not only in cyber tech but in renewable resource technology such as Bright Source Energy. In California they are building together a solar plant which is supposed to double the solar thermal energy already being produced in the U.S.

Through Israel's assistance, we are growing our economy as well as making technological advancements.

Medical innovations which we import into the U.S. are the Rewalk which our vets who are paralyzed use to enable them to walk again. Isn't that great?

There is also the mind boggling Israeli bandage which allows wounded soldiers to heal rapidly when immediate medical assistance cannot be given.

Today our doctors in the United States no longer have to force a wire down our naval passages because we have the amazing camera pill!

These are just a few examples of how the U.S. at both a national and individual level benefit from our relations with Israel.

From 2000 to the present year Israel has encountered approximately 627 terrorist attacks and because of this they are qualified to train the United States on how to respond not only to acts of terror, but of war and natural disasters. This training also helps with other emergency services which is available to Americans and enables us to better assist our soldiers which return with mental trauma.

After going through a few benefits we see that our very lifestyle is impacted day-to-day by the United States' relations with Israel. If we terminate this relation, we not only boycott Israel, but the U.S., those countries which rely on our support and even the potential growth of our future generations within the United States.

This is why we should maintain our relations with Israel which may be nurtured by deterring biased politics, prejudice sources and fruitless boycotts.

As active and educated citizens of the United States it us up to us to decide.
What will you do?



No comments:

Post a Comment