Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Spiritual Journey 3/ Un Viaje Espiritual 3

2014

Through the memorization this year through 1 Thessalonians I was reminded of why I admired the apostle Paul. As a child, reading his words stating that it was no longer he who lived, but Christ in him greatly impacted me. I wanted to be able to live that! And now, memorizing his words which demonstrated sincere brotherly love…I felt the same admiration as before, only with more fervor.

Este año por medio de la memorización de 1 Tesalonicenses empecé a ser recordada de la razón por la cual admiraba al apóstol Pablo. En mi niñez, al leer sus palabras donde él decía que no era èl el que vivía ya, sino Cristo…como me impactaban. Yo quería vivir eso. Y ahora, memorizando sus palabras que mostraban un amor fraternal sincero… Yo quería ese mismo amor por mis hermanos en Cristo.

I also wanted to say: So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

Yo también quería decir: Tan grande es nuestro afecto por vosotros, que hubiéramos querido entregaros no sólo el evangelio de Dios, sino también nuestras propias vidas; porque habéis llegado a sernos muy queridos.

If I knew that giving my physical life could be the answer to see my brothers in Christ rejoice before God’s presence, I wanted to be willing to do it if necessary. Later one, God would show me that fasts were a form of giving my life for them. Perhaps I could not literally render my life to death for them to be saved, but God began to teach me that abstaining from food through fasting was a way of rendering my life; by abstaining from food I was abstaining from something that helps contribute to my physical life for certain periods of time.

Si yo supiera que dar mi vida física podría ser la respuesta para ver a mis hermanos regocijándose en Dios, quería estar dispuesta hacerlo si fuera necesario. Después Dios me iba mostrar que los ayunos eran una forma de dar mi vida para ellos. No podre dar literalmente mi vida a la muerte para que ellos se salven, pero Dios me empezó a mostrar que al negar la comida a través de los ayunos era como negarme la vida-que contribuye a mi vida física.

Like Paul, I would also like to be capable of saying one day: For now we live, if ye stand in the Lord.

Como Pablo, también quisiera poder decir: porque ahora vivimos, si vosotros estáis firmes en el Señor.

In December, I was speaking with a friend from church. We were talking about the condition of many youth within the church. How it is difficult to try to establish a conversation with them about God. But when we brought up mundane things such as work or school, sports…then the conversation would flow and that made us very sad.

En diciembre había hablado con un amigo de la iglesia. Estábamos hablando de la condición de muchos de los jóvenes en la iglesia. Como es de difícil de poder entablar una conversación con ellos acerca de Dios. Pero si hablábamos de la escuela o de un deporte entonces si fluía la plática y se nos hacía bien triste.

We then agreed to pray together for the youth in church. To pray that God may begin an awakening amongst the youth.

Entonces le dije que oráramos juntos por los jóvenes en la iglesia. Que Dios iniciara un avivamiento dentro de los jóvenes.

That same week I mentioned our conversation with my mother and she asked me if I had spoken with my brother. I felt chills when she said that because I felt I knew what was coming. God has occasionally spoken to my brother and me about similar things around the same time.

Esa misma semana le mencione a mi mama de nuestra conversación y me había preguntado si había hablado con mi hermano. I

“No.”

“Tell him to tell you.” Since we were all at the table together that morning he told us that he had spoken to a friend about the same thing. Of the need that there is amongst the youth for a revival and that they had agreed to pray for them. When I spoke to that same friend she told me, “Reed Chapter 12 and 15 of the book called, “The Intercessor by Rees Howells.”

“Dile que te cuente”. Así que como él estaba ahí en la mesa con nosotros me conto que él había hablado con una amiga acerca de lo mismo. De la necesidad que hay entre los jóvenes por un avivamiento y que se habían puesto de acuerdo para orar acerca de ello. Cuando hable con ella fui muy animada y me dijo “Lee el capítulo 12 y 15 del libro El Intercesor por Rees Howells.”

It seemed as if God was giving us the same feeling. That same week I spoke to another friend. It happened that she was feeling discouraged because a young girl she had known for a long time had suddenly left the church, disappearing without any reason. But she also shared with me that the youth in her church had gotten together to pray for her and how the Holy Spirit seemed to be leading their prayer towards all the youth in the churches and for a revival amongst them.

Parecía que Dios estaba poniéndonos en el mismo sentir. Esa misma semana hable con otra amiga. Sucedió que estaba muy desanimada porque había salido de repente una muchacha de la iglesia a quien habían conocido por muchos años sin entender la razón. Pero que los jóvenes se reunieron para orar por ella una tarde y que sintieron el deseo de orar por la condición espiritual de todos los jóvenes en la iglesia y por un avivamiento.

I was so happy that I felt it was another confirmation from God that he was calling us to intercede for other youth.

Me alegre mucho porque sentía que era otra confirmación que Dios nos estaba llamando a interceder por los jóvenes.

“My brother just ordered a book about an intercessor…” she began to share with me.

 “Mi hermano me esta ordenando un libro de un Intercesor…” me empezó a contar.

Before she went any further I asked, “Have you been talking to so-and so (the friend my brother had spoken with)

Antes que siguiera le pregunta, “De casualidad has hablado con tal persona (la amiga con quien mi hermano se había comunicado)?”

 “No, why?”

“No, ¿porque?”

“Because she told me to read that same book!” I began to tell her about the way it seemed that God was moving and how he had been leading us to intercede for the youth. We were both so motivated and we agreed that we would pray together and fast once in a while.

“Porque ella nos dijo que leyéramos ese mismo libro!” le empecé a contar lo que había estado sucediendo y ella se motivó  y quedamos que estuviéramos orando por lo mismo y de vez en cuando haciendo ayunos.

No comments:

Post a Comment