Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Son of God Continues to be Glorified

When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the gloey of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. -John 11:4

Hello Everybody,
I would like to share a testimony previously shared in Spanish for any English readers that there may be right now.

I want to share how the Son of God continues to be glorified in these present days even in things which may seem so trivial to some. This is a testimony of mine that happened in 2011.

How many of you believe in coincidences? 
I don't. I believe that everything that happens to God's children is for a reason. I believe that as believers, God will give us the grace to pass through all the trials that we go through. Even when things seem to go bad, God turns them into a blessing for our lives.

In November of 2011 I had already graduated from a Bible school in Guatemala. I had just returned home and I was ready to look for my first-paying job and save for my college tuition. I had also just began to participate in the Bible Quizzing (BQ)-Bible Memorization of the book of John with other youth from my church.

I was in the process of applying to different places when I finally remembered something very important. I knelt in prayer and asked God to only allow the place that he had for me, to contact me for an interview. So that in that way, I knew it was his will.

...A few days passed, nothing happened...it came to the point where I was beginning to think "Umm...God, about that job? Yeah...I am still waiting for that. In case it slipped your mind." I know it is ridiculous to think that God can forget something, but sometimes as humans with our puny minds we tend to limit God and forget how powerful he is. The important thing is that we remember it.

However, until then, the only places that contacted me, were only to tell me that thank you, but no thank you. I had several rejections and I was feeling kind of low until I remembered the exact words of my prayer to ask for God's confirmation...To only allow the place he had for me, contact me for an interview. Then I was at peace again.

It turned out that the last place I applied to as a last resort was the only place that contacted me. I was feeling pretty positive now. Everything was going good, the date was set for the interview, but that day, it seemed that everything that could possibly go wrong...went wrong.

It turns out my mom took me to the wrong shopping center, while insisting I go ahead to check...a little embarrassing, but then that turned out to be the least of my worries. I had wasted time going inside as it WAS the wrong place. I was frustrated when I re-entered the van. Due to her nerves my mom began venting out her frustration on me on why I hadn't given her the name of the right shopping center...as I began to tune her out. If I hadn't, I would have reacted in a bad way. So, I began to pray as my mother turned on the engine to head out for my interview.

-God, what is going on?
-I don't get it.
-This seems to be your will, because it is the only place they called me from.

Then it began to get worst. The van stopped while we were backing out!
My mom continued to express herself. The engine wouldn't start despite our 3 tries.

-God, why is this happening to me! I continued to pray and while I was about to begin a mental tantrum, His words that I had previously memorized suddenly crept back to the front of my mind.

"When Jesus heard, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorifies thereby"

In that moment several thoughts went through my mind.  One-God was telling me, "If I want to give you this job, then it will happen despite everything, and all these things that happen is so that my name may be honored and glorifies. Two-I was embarrassed at my lack of faith and the attitude I was about to have.
I started to tune into what my mother was saying, but this time I could her a soft answer to turn away her wrath as the Bible says. I had peace in my heart now as I realized all I had to do was trust in God.

"You know what mom? I am not worried. If God wants to give me this job, he will do it no matter of all these things and it will be to honor and glorify his name".

I then began to share with her what had just happened to me that instant. God also filled her with peace as she realized it was true.
Thankfully, the van started again and we made our way. How God proves us wrong  in so many things, right?

However, it didn't just finish there. My mom had to go to leave for work at 1 p.m., if they didn't see me within that time I would have to leave anyway. I went in, told them what happened and they agree to see me, but I would have to wait longer. During the interview, I asked how long does someone have to wait to find out if they are hired or not. I was told that usually after a total of 2 more interviews with that person. I found it strange that after that person left, another came in to give me a 2nd interview. Before I knew it the first interviewer came back with the papers for me to sign and my new schedule...I almost faltered to get up from my chair..."You mean, I'm hired?" I almost couldn't believe it.

Neither could my mother, I entered the van with a serious face, but from the shock of it all. I was amazed.
"Did they see you?"
I could only nod at first to answer her question and in a whisper I added, "I got the job."

That is how God gave me that job. After having arrived ridiculously late, and all the inconveniences on the road, but when God wishes to do something, no other circumstances matter.

Sometimes, things happen that make us think that everything is ruined, but it is not for death, but rather, to bring honor and glory to God.
Trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment